Monday, May 14, 2012

My time has come...


Photo courtesy: My wedding photographer - SKLensMagic
Disclaimer: This is a girl's perspective.

It is one of those paradoxical things in life. You want it sometimes and you don’t want it at others. People(especially boys and these days girls are joining in) always tend to swing like a pendulum in this aspect and that is “MARRIAGE”. I had earlier talked about how the meaning of marriage has changed over a period of time for me (Check out that post here), but now as I get closer to the actual act myself, my perspective seems to have changed, from an outsider to an insider.

(Fortunately/Unfortunately – Not sure which one should come) time has come for me to experience this exciting and treacherous journey. J :D K :/ L :’(
These are the emotions that I feel.
Strange? The weirdest part is you feel two ways about exactly the same thing.

INDEPENDENCE – finally you are going to be independent, you life is your own. “Yaaayyyy!!” In the very next second you feel, oh shit! That means I have to do everything on my own, from electricity bills to getting the vegetables, from getting a locker in the bank to making budget plans… you got to do it all. “Shitttt!”

NEW HOME – Now you can decorate things exactly the way you like. No ugly curtains. No shady bed sheets. Everything will be oooohh so perfect and propa! On the flip side that also means I got to do all the safai. Band ghar me itni dhul kahan se aati hai? Weekly dusting? How can I relax on weekends? Ek vase ke liye itne sare paise? Budgeting!! Monthly groceries?!?

NEW FAMILY – It’s just gonna be me and him. Life’s gonna be soo cool and perfect. Like a fairy tale. He understands me and my needs, unlike my parents, he’s from this generation right?(The same goes for me too) So…. Things won’t be the same, he will “GET” me. But what happens is… “Ghar itna late aaye?, ek phone nai kar sakthe thi?” “Tum apne socks washing machine me kyun nahi daal sakthe?” “Aaj khana kaun banayega?”

I’m not saying that none of the good’s happen only the bad’s do. All I’m saying is when you go into imagination mode, you feel diametrically opposite about the exact same thing => leading to all the more confusion.
It's like you are letting go of you childhood so to say... you are growing up in the truest sense.You are responsible to each other and for each other. It's a pact where you give away some and get some, the only way to make it a good deal is to cooperate and communicate with each other. So here's to hoping  that we can chat away to glory for the rest of our lives.
In the end all I can say is that no one can ever say whether it’s(marriage) good or it’s bad, at best they can say – “I need it and I want it”. We all do.

9 comments:

Sunitha said...

Awesome... Did not know you are a blogger too...
I like the tiny details you could think of both good and bad... It is fun, enjoy every bit of it. The best thing about LIFE is it becomes what we make of it. Keep Smiling and Enjoying it all the while.

KAILASNATH said...

All the skills that you have obtained during your educational career are exhibited very nicely through your communications. Lot of depth has gone into your presentation which is a reflection of your thoughts and the excitement therein. With all good wishes. Kailasnath

Srinija said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments Sunitha Vadina and Kailasnath Thatha!!

K R Reddy said...

Amma thalli...mee aayanani careful ga undamani indirect ga (through blog) hint isthunnava...ayina maa JAAN pani ayipoyindhile...papam PASIVADU!!!

Vaisakh said...

Srinija... Your words are formed out of CLARITY than confusion which is a good thing. You foresee the issues that may or may not trouble you in the future which is again a good thing. However, the Best thing about marriage is having the right partner, which I believe you have. What more? Let loose and enjoy the ride!!

Would be keen to read Ram's version on the same topic :P

Srinija said...

Rajender garu... All I was trying to say is that both of us should be careful... Mee "JAAN" ni emi cheyyanu... Don't worry!

Srinija said...

Thanks for your comments Vaisakh! Ram's version :D Ha ha ha... I suppose it will have only 2 words tension and happy.

Alisha said...

You are already sound so experienced :P :P ...I am sure u r going to enjoy everything when it happens he he :D

Samra said...

So.. How is it going?? :P